i get so pissed off when people accuse harry potter fans of over-criticizing the movies because the directors:
- fucked up ronald weasley’s entire character
- made hermione perfect because obviously the only way an audience can appreciate a female character is if she has no flaws
- destroyed ginny weasley’s personality when she happens to be the main character’s love interest
- white-washed most of the main cast when 2/3 of the golden trio could have been people of color
- screwed up the MAIN VILLAIN’S DEATH in a way that undermines the entire point of his character
- conveniently left out regulus black’s entire storyline and contributed to the problematic idea that being a slytherin and valuing ambition and cunning automatically makes you a dirty evil person
yes, they messed up a lot of little things but they also messed up huge, plot-changing, point-missing, life-killing things so please never tell a harry potter fan that they’re too picky when the directors missed 70% of the big picture
I don’t curse people, I bless everyone around them.
People become attractive over time as you get to know them. Someone who you once felt completely neutral towards can make your stomach do somersaults. It’s not that they were not good looking to begin with, it’s just that things happened which made your conscience ease up and your heart changed. Good character can contribute to how someone perceives you.
this still remains true to this day
do you ever see a post so obnoxious you subconsciously whisper “fuck off" as you’re scrolling past it
Amy Poehler: Mean Girls - Mrs. George (2004) vs. Parks & Recreation - Leslie Knope (2014)